We are back to work and excited to see everyone that we have missed so much! Much has changed since we saw you last. We want to update you on our office and the steps we are taking to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients and our team healthy.
Rest assured, the precautions Dr. Robertson is taking are as up-to-date as possible and beyond even what is being required or recommended. Temporarily, at both our Lucas, Texas and Murphy, Texas offices, we are only seeing about half the number of patients per day that we are accustomed to seeing in order to keep our patients safe.
Our office procedures have temporarily changed and will include the following:
- We will take the temperatures of every team member, including Dr. Robertsonand Dr. Marc, immediately upon arrival at work. Any team member with the temperature of 99.9 F or above will go home.
- Every team member will be subject to the same protocols as the patients. If any question disqualifies the team member they will be sent home.
- There will be a limit to the number of patient appointments and appointment types per day.
- We will be calling and texting to confirm appointments.
- Emergencies will continue only to be defined by pain or bleeding. For now, broken brackets do not constitute an emergency.
New Protocol for Visits:
- When you arrive for your appointment, please remain in your car. Please text (972.363.8020) our office upon your arrival, and we will check you in. When we are ready to bring you back into the clinic, we will respond to your text.
- For regular clinic appointments, only the patient that is being treated will be allowed to enter the office. The only exception for this will be for very young or very nervous patients. Of those, only one parent/caregiver may accompany the patient. No other family members or friends will be allowed inside. For new patient consultations or 7up Club Observation appointments, the patient and one parent will be allowed back for the exam and discussion on the recommended treatment plan.
- You will find upon arrival that our furniture has been rearranged. Our coffee bar, game room and waiting room have been closed.
- The temperature of the patient will be taken by staff using a touchless thermometer. If the temperature is over 99.9 degrees F, they will be asked to reschedule after the specified 14-day self-quarantine requirement.
- If the patient has experienced any fever, cough, shortness of breath, or have/been around COVID-19, please call to reschedule before showing up for the appointment. If you show up and have any of these questions answered yes, you will be asked to reschedule, and not return for the specified 14-day self-quarantine requirement. Also, if you have traveled domestically within the United States (or internationally) by commercial airline, bus, train, or any other form of mass transit in the past 14 days, please call to reschedule before you show up for your appointment.
- The tooth-brushing station will be cleared off. A toothbrush will be given to the patient when they come in to use before they are to be seated in the clinic. Dr. Robertson also had custom-made dividers fabricated between each chair and clear acrylic barriers at all areas of the front desk (even the new patient room desk) to make our office even more safe for our patients and staff.
- We ask for understanding while we try to address all of your treatment needs during your visit. Individuals with multiple broken brackets may not have everything completed during this first visit due to strict scheduling times.
- When the patient is dismissed, they will be given their next appointment. If this does not work for you, please give us a call to reschedule.
We are so grateful for every one of our patients, and this time away has only served to make us even more thankful for each of you. This is why we are taking your safety VERY seriously. We would ask for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office.